- Now Joseph’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
- There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
- Jesus … said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
- The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
- Art thou greater than our father Joseph Smith, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
- Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
- But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
No construction of man will satisfy your thirst; only He can, who provides the living water.