One of the downsides, if you could call it that, of reading in the Bloggernacle is that of extreme discontent.
I am no longer content at church. The lessons I hear sound hollow. The doctrine being taught lacks depth. The inequality, insensitivity, and pride seem rampant.
As I sit in Sacrament Meeting and ponder these things, my mind is brought to the 6th chapter of John:
- Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
- Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
- For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
- He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
- As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
- This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
- These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
- Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
- When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
- What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
- It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
- But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
- And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
- ¶ From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
- Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
- Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
- And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
I echo the words of Peter: to whom shall we go? Despite the failings and discontent I have, where else would I find the Priesthood of God, so that I may receiving the ordinances of salvation?